Project Title: Health System strengthening In Eye health for a Healthier, Wealthier Society in ECSA Countries (HSS)
To contribute to poverty reduction through reduced burden of disease by health system strengthening in training and service delivery in ECSA region.
Objectives of the HSS Programme
- To strengthen human resources for eye health through improved structures for quality training at subspecialty, postgraduate and middle levels.
- To improve evidence utilization in practice and policy planning through enhanced strategic research capacity and knowledge translation.
- To strengthen institutional leadership, governance, collaboration and coordination among training institutions and eye care professionals in ECSA.
- To engender continual quality improvement systems in training and ophthalmic practice in the region.
- To raise the profile of ophthalmology and ophthalmic institutions and improve coordination with regulatory and policy making institutions in the region.
- To improve COECS’s capability and sustainability with functional governance and administrative systems.